A number of major Rutgers information technology services and systems will be unavailable on Saturday, January 27.
Emergency Repairs and Scheduled Downtime
University Facilities and the Office of Information Technology (OIT) will be completing emergency repairs to the Hill Center’s electrical infrastructure from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, January 27. Multiple IT services will be unavailable during this period.
This work is necessary to repair damage to the electrical distribution system from last week’s outage at the Hill Center data center, which is located on Rutgers University–New Brunswick’s Busch Campus. These repairs and other improvements at the Hill Center should deliver improved availability, resiliency, and security to the data center.
How You May Be Affected
Please note that a variety of services will be unavailable or intermittently available during the repair period.
Here are some of the major services affected:
– Sakai will be unavailable.
– Email may be delayed.
– The university homepage at Rutgers.edu and some other university websites may also experience intermittent outages.
– Mailman email lists will be unavailable (email lists ending @email.rutgers.edu).
– The RAMS mass email service will be unavailable (email lists ending in @rams.rutgers.edu).
– RUWireless and RUWireless Secure will be intermittently available.
Rutgers Connect (faculty/staff email) and ScarletMail (student email) should be largely available during the day, but users may experience intermittent outages.
For a complete list of services affected, please visit:
Please send any questions to:
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we make these improvements and repairs.
Office of Information Technology
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey